compensation: Depends on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Good Pay! Good Benefits! Good People! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it's our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we are growing! We are adding people to our team everyday - people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers and jobsites.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Fine Grade Foreman/Forewoman on our concrete team that works in IA, NE, SD. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible to safely supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in aggregate, grading, milling, traffic control.
Gravel Base - To efficiently run the gravel/base operation; produce quality gravel/base in timely manner.
Milling - To efficiently run the milling operation and base jobs when needed, produce quality gravel/base in timely manner.
Traffic Control - To plan for and erect traffic control signs for road construction in compliance with government agency requirements.
1. Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment.
2. Minimum 3 years experience in product line.
3. Ability to operate grade equipment such as blades, loaders, trimmers, road wideners etc.. preferred
4. Knowledge in shouldering operations preferred
5. Preferred experience of technology (iPad and Computers)
6. Class A CDL with tanker preferred
7. Mechanical aptitude preferred
8. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
2. Safely and properly supervise and coordinate activities of workers.
3. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
4. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
5. Set and maintain stringline for trimming and paving operations.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan* Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
If unable to apply online, stop by and complete an application at: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers